Skip to main content

Mundane Vision

The other day, I was riding in the back seat of a friend's car as we drove out to Fry's with a couple other people. Almost as soon as we picked up the last person, everybody shut up. I found myself fixing my attention upon the ceiling and the top of the rain spattered rear window. This inevitably lead to my falling asleep, though the position did little to encourage steady rest.

During my intermittent napping, I began to dream. I imagined I was sitting in the same car, in the same position, under very similar circumstances. I happened to have a packet of gum in my pocket. I glimpsed at the sky, then at the hand of the girl next to me. It sat upon her knee, sporadically making very quick, autonomous movements to and from its resting place; darting to the space in between us, to smooth out her jacket, or to at tap her thigh. I took one stick from my pack of Wrigley's Extra, unwrapped it, and proceeded to chew it laconically, once more exploring the worn felt of the car's roof. This was my dream.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I put it to you:

What is wrong with moustaches? Eh?

For Every Problem, a Solution (2)

Each panel originally had a caption, a feature which was scrapped in a silly attempt to bring cohesiveness to the page as a whole.  They were as follows: panel 1 - Pig fingers!  Carrot hands!  Cannot draw! panel 2 - Focus off. panel 3 - Perspective is a matter of perspective. panel 4 - What, me worry? In thinking about it, I suppose I might have impanelled these in the orange bar at the right, but it probably would've been a bit much. ... I'm not sure how wide-spread the campaign is, but in  Seattle, there are numerous billboards and bus signs which read, "Jesus is ____."  I want to play mad libs with these things, or else write in, "a day labourer."  Other acceptable answers include, "bearded," and, "featured in a Leonard Cohen song."

Sisyphus, as Per Camus:

Word.