Skip to main content

Need to get back into the habit.

Gotta get back into drawing comics, and not just a page here or there, unconnected to anything else. First thing is to get a few more pages of 3 Guys, 1 Gun--at least finish their first adventure. Then I gotta have Pointless Man actually kill the Backstreet Boys. He's been waiting almost a year to do that.

Once I get those done, I want to start work on a more realistic project of short stories. I'm thinking of relating some of the tales I have from my folks about some of their Chicago pals back when they were still in college. Figure I might call it 'Chicago Badass'. I need to buy myself a recorder so I can get some of their tales down right.

I also want to make a graphic version of The Truncated Holy Quest of the Jack Daniels.

If I do a few of these in black and white, I can probably self publish some of them outside of the net at relatively low cost, and without having to figure out a good answer to all my troubles with scanning in hand coloured art.

I'm at a point where I really fucking want to get to where I'm doing what I've always wanted to do, being what I always wanted to be. It's past time to step up, but it's not anywhere near too late.

Comments

  1. Habits can be very good, assuming they aren't self-destructive. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. ... I think. I mean, that 'self-destructive' bit seems a little ominous.

    No, seriously, thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I put it to you:

What is wrong with moustaches? Eh?

For Every Problem, a Solution (2)

Each panel originally had a caption, a feature which was scrapped in a silly attempt to bring cohesiveness to the page as a whole.  They were as follows: panel 1 - Pig fingers!  Carrot hands!  Cannot draw! panel 2 - Focus off. panel 3 - Perspective is a matter of perspective. panel 4 - What, me worry? In thinking about it, I suppose I might have impanelled these in the orange bar at the right, but it probably would've been a bit much. ... I'm not sure how wide-spread the campaign is, but in  Seattle, there are numerous billboards and bus signs which read, "Jesus is ____."  I want to play mad libs with these things, or else write in, "a day labourer."  Other acceptable answers include, "bearded," and, "featured in a Leonard Cohen song."

Sisyphus, as Per Camus:

Word.