Skip to main content

Listening to Roxy Music.

I remember in high-school, I was digging on the Velvet Goldmine soundtrack. Now, Roxy only contributed maybe a song or two to that disc, but their influence was all over it, what with a couple covers, a track from Bryan Ferry, and another from Brian Eno. My brother, Devin, came down the stairs with a couple of stoner friends, declaring, "You listen to some gay music," or so.

Heh. Like I care. Roxy Music is the awesome. Anyone who hates on them doesn't like their rock creative.

I think probably told him I'd kick his ass if he liked, regardless. Course, he ducked that fight.

Comments

  1. I remember in high-school, I was digging on the Velvet Goldmine soundtrack.

    And you think you're old. ^_-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oldish.

    I was 18 at the time, and all my classes were at a community college, so, technically, I could have said, "in college", but that would have ignored the fact I hadn't received my diploma yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe. Just ribbing you.

    To give you a bit of perspective, Bête Noire came out my sophmore year of high-school.

    I gave my (at the time future-) wife a tape for her birthday, the second time we got together, that included a number of Roxy Music/Brian Ferry songs. It's one of her fondest memories.

    Smack your brother once for me if her complains again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I put it to you:

What is wrong with moustaches? Eh?

For Every Problem, a Solution (2)

Each panel originally had a caption, a feature which was scrapped in a silly attempt to bring cohesiveness to the page as a whole.  They were as follows: panel 1 - Pig fingers!  Carrot hands!  Cannot draw! panel 2 - Focus off. panel 3 - Perspective is a matter of perspective. panel 4 - What, me worry? In thinking about it, I suppose I might have impanelled these in the orange bar at the right, but it probably would've been a bit much. ... I'm not sure how wide-spread the campaign is, but in  Seattle, there are numerous billboards and bus signs which read, "Jesus is ____."  I want to play mad libs with these things, or else write in, "a day labourer."  Other acceptable answers include, "bearded," and, "featured in a Leonard Cohen song."

Sisyphus, as Per Camus:

Word.