Skip to main content

Just had a thought.

You'll forgive me if I quote myself.

Made a GameFAQs thread, entitled, "A proposition sans argument: All happening and being is done in the real world." Still haven't offered an argument, exactly, but I have had to flesh out my original post, "Human thought and action, for example, are real world occurrences. Concepts and ideas held and expressed by people exist as such. The notion that, for example, mathematic truths exist independent of physical reality is poppycock."

In doing so, I remarked, "Thinking is no less an action than breathing, and it is very often as overt." Going over the thread, it struck me, this is a really cool analogy. As with thought, though we can directly control our breathing, it often comes naturally, and without premeditation or prior intent. It sometimes goes unnoticed, either by ourselves or others. It can be concealed and, with greater effort, temporarily stopped by the person breathing. It is also a process dealing with objects the naked eye cannot see (i.e. air), and involving internal mechanisms and processes generally not felt those around one, processes which typically go unseen even by the general public and the actor himself. But no one in his right mind will posit a supernatural explanation for breathing. Why, then, should people assume minds and thought are ghostly in nature?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I put it to you:

What is wrong with moustaches? Eh?

For Every Problem, a Solution (2)

Each panel originally had a caption, a feature which was scrapped in a silly attempt to bring cohesiveness to the page as a whole.  They were as follows: panel 1 - Pig fingers!  Carrot hands!  Cannot draw! panel 2 - Focus off. panel 3 - Perspective is a matter of perspective. panel 4 - What, me worry? In thinking about it, I suppose I might have impanelled these in the orange bar at the right, but it probably would've been a bit much. ... I'm not sure how wide-spread the campaign is, but in  Seattle, there are numerous billboards and bus signs which read, "Jesus is ____."  I want to play mad libs with these things, or else write in, "a day labourer."  Other acceptable answers include, "bearded," and, "featured in a Leonard Cohen song."

Sisyphus, as Per Camus:

Word.