Skip to main content

These look better in person.

My scanner doesn't seem to work without it's power cord--surprising, I know.  I seem to have lost it in a recent move.  Such items are frustratingly difficult to replace now that Radioshack has become something like the sad little brother of Best Buy.  As a result, I am reduced to using camera-phones, with which I am nowhere near skilled enough to make my drawings look good.  This is why I haven't uploaded any sketches or comics in a while.

But here is a sample anyway.  The face on the left has become my phone's background image (without the blue noise).  The lady on the right was kind enough to sit for me one day, or rather, she sat in front of me on the bus, and I sketched her without her knowledge.  It's all the same, right?


Comments

  1. The eye one is pretty cool. I like the colours and the contrast between the solids and the scribbly lines. ALso I didn't notice it at first, but the right side (or left from the picture's perspective) is like a negative or an echoe of the left side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So how's that scanner coming?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stalled out for now, but I might be on to an alternative method. A lot of newer colour copiers will allow you to scan images onto a thumb-drive. So, perhaps I'll have some higher quality versions to share with you some time soon.

    Thanks for the compliment and observations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was looking through your art archive and my favourite pictures in it right now are 1) the heavily bearded guy with the one side of his face that looks like it got stung by a bee and a tear coming out of his eye. 2) the skull one, that reminds me of Dia De Los Muertos

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I put it to you:

What is wrong with moustaches? Eh?

For Every Problem, a Solution (2)

Each panel originally had a caption, a feature which was scrapped in a silly attempt to bring cohesiveness to the page as a whole.  They were as follows: panel 1 - Pig fingers!  Carrot hands!  Cannot draw! panel 2 - Focus off. panel 3 - Perspective is a matter of perspective. panel 4 - What, me worry? In thinking about it, I suppose I might have impanelled these in the orange bar at the right, but it probably would've been a bit much. ... I'm not sure how wide-spread the campaign is, but in  Seattle, there are numerous billboards and bus signs which read, "Jesus is ____."  I want to play mad libs with these things, or else write in, "a day labourer."  Other acceptable answers include, "bearded," and, "featured in a Leonard Cohen song."

For Every Problem, a Solution (4)

God as depicted throughout the ages.  No Alanis Morissette, and, no, that isn't ironic.