Skip to main content

'Pointless Man is an eqaul opportunity fighter', plus musings.






To the left are the second and third of a three page sequence preceding the 'ninjas' bit I showed you earlier from 'Death to Pretty Boy Groups'.I haven't quite been happy with what I've been able to do with the scans, especially for the third page, but whatever. I'm just happy to have them available to share at at all.

Well, as you can see, PM is pretty amoral in his quest to eradicate evil. That's his goal here, you see. If I could get a fair scan of the first page, you might follow his reasoning, I suppose. In the meanwhile, you can always try to find out how he started this whole endeavor by going here. It will make you a better person, I swear.

Every now and then, somebody asks me what I'm trying to accomplish with Pointless Man. This is when I know they don't get it. Well, for few of you who might actually be reading this, and more specifically for the hopefully smaller number amongst you struggling with the themes, values, and philosophy of an amateur online comic entitled 'Pointless Man', look, it's an absurdist, semi-existentialist, quasi-surrealist, violent joke book about a suit with no face. Whadda I haveta spell it out for ya? I don't get. It's just fun.

Actually, that's a lie, but I'm lazy, and I don't feel like delving into the nebulous issue all by myself right now. So there. Figure it out for yourself if you wanna know so bad.

Comments

  1. What is going on here? I mean, I've had... err... morning-waking-up experiences... as a guy... uh... yeah... you know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. PM is on a grass roots campaign to put a stop to the Basckstreet Boys and groups like them, back in 1999. After this is through, I'm going to have him order the deaths of most pop musicians from around 2000, and then probably send him on time travelling escapades to rid the world of Barbie, Christopher Columbus, and Jerry Bruckheimer (after he finishes Thief).

    What's to be confused over? ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh. That. That's his knee. I probably should have made that a little more obvious. Heh.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I put it to you:

What is wrong with moustaches? Eh?

For Every Problem, a Solution (2)

Each panel originally had a caption, a feature which was scrapped in a silly attempt to bring cohesiveness to the page as a whole.  They were as follows: panel 1 - Pig fingers!  Carrot hands!  Cannot draw! panel 2 - Focus off. panel 3 - Perspective is a matter of perspective. panel 4 - What, me worry? In thinking about it, I suppose I might have impanelled these in the orange bar at the right, but it probably would've been a bit much. ... I'm not sure how wide-spread the campaign is, but in  Seattle, there are numerous billboards and bus signs which read, "Jesus is ____."  I want to play mad libs with these things, or else write in, "a day labourer."  Other acceptable answers include, "bearded," and, "featured in a Leonard Cohen song."

Sisyphus, as Per Camus:

Word.