Skip to main content

Pointless Man: Death to Pretty Boy Groups! (9)


Trivia: Pointless Man leaves notes in the margins of books he sells to second hand stores.

Comments

  1. I wish the resolution would have focused more on Pointless Man's thoughts and reactions to the situation. Mack the Knife was a nice touch though.

    I read the encyclopedia entry you provided for Gilbert Ryle by the way, although I got the distinct feeling of stepping into a conversation that I wasn't really a part of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That suggestion about PM's reaction is a good one, and has me thinking. Thanks.

    As to the whole Ryle thing, I can understand that. I guess my point was merely that I take my stance against questions of free will as part of a larger position on 'philosophy of mind' which denies mental dualism and places thinking or mindful action in the world. If that makes it any clearer. >_>

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Magical Unrealism

The same men who say global warming is a hoax, Obamacare has been failing for eight years, and abstinence-only sex-ed works are also convinced even basic gun control is an impossible and useless approach which would only make us less safe. These are also the dudes most likely to tell you black and brown folk have it too good, Obama is a secret Muslim born in Kenya, and Sharia law is being forced on American legal systems. I wonder if there's some sort of overarching thread or theme to all this.

I put it to you:

What is wrong with moustaches? Eh?

'((BORDERS))' & 'The Blue Trees' at Westlake Park

For the last few weeks, two public art projects have coexisted at Westlake Park, in the thick of Seattle's downtown. '((Borders))' is by Steinunn Thorarinsdottir , a metal sculptor who seems primarily interested in featureless people in various states and positions.  Originally installed outside of the U.N. headquarters, it is supposed to reflect something (or other) about multiculturalism.  Passersby seem most interested in the composition of the statues. Thoraninsdottir's site is pretty cool, by the way. Konstantin Dimopoulos's 'The Blue Trees' is meant to bring trees into contrast with their surroundings, and so remind people of them.  By extension, this is supposed to bring attention to deforestation, over-logging, and the like.  The actual effect is mere surreal wonderment, but anyone so confused can read the small sign standing in the middle of the park for clarification. I'm not sure how successful these are in achieving their stated int...