Skip to main content

Interesting.


Found a spot on campus where I might actually be able to scan in some of my larger artwork (being approximately 12' by 17') and even have it printed out as a poster. The poster thing opens up some possibilities.

For example, the picture seen above could look very nice blown-up with the right touches.

The matter that spurred this discovery was my attempt to scan in the first three inked and coloured pages of that Pointless Man story I mentioned the other day, 'Death to Pretty Boy Bands'. No luck in dealing with the crappy Macs the UW has set up right for scanning, though, so that'll have to wait a bit. In the meantime, I'll be working on a page featuring Pointless Man fighting a ninja.

Everybody loves ninjas.

Comments

  1. You ink fabrics very well. I like the picture you posted. The nose not being composed of lines, only the mustache deliniating the space is pretty cool. And I, for one, love ninjas, so good call on that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It just occured to me that the absence of nose being seen as a nose is very Gestalt. That is all.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Magical Unrealism

The same men who say global warming is a hoax, Obamacare has been failing for eight years, and abstinence-only sex-ed works are also convinced even basic gun control is an impossible and useless approach which would only make us less safe. These are also the dudes most likely to tell you black and brown folk have it too good, Obama is a secret Muslim born in Kenya, and Sharia law is being forced on American legal systems. I wonder if there's some sort of overarching thread or theme to all this.

I put it to you:

What is wrong with moustaches? Eh?

'((BORDERS))' & 'The Blue Trees' at Westlake Park

For the last few weeks, two public art projects have coexisted at Westlake Park, in the thick of Seattle's downtown. '((Borders))' is by Steinunn Thorarinsdottir , a metal sculptor who seems primarily interested in featureless people in various states and positions.  Originally installed outside of the U.N. headquarters, it is supposed to reflect something (or other) about multiculturalism.  Passersby seem most interested in the composition of the statues. Thoraninsdottir's site is pretty cool, by the way. Konstantin Dimopoulos's 'The Blue Trees' is meant to bring trees into contrast with their surroundings, and so remind people of them.  By extension, this is supposed to bring attention to deforestation, over-logging, and the like.  The actual effect is mere surreal wonderment, but anyone so confused can read the small sign standing in the middle of the park for clarification. I'm not sure how successful these are in achieving their stated int...