Skip to main content

Half a conversation

Walking around campus today, I was overtaken by a guy, maybe 19 years old, wearing a white hooded sweatshirt, nondescript black jeans, and a pair of sneakers talking on his cell phone:

"I can't believe you borrowed the Corvette to go shopping. ... Taking it out for a drive is one thing, but to Costco? ... No. It's not. Sunday is the driving day. The Corvette is for driving around in on Sundays. ... I can't even imagine what all the guys must have thought watching you drive the Corvette to a Costco."

Is commentary really necessary?

Comments

  1. I'm appalled that you go to a college where people think a Chevrolet would impress anyone at Costco. I always pictured you as too blue state for being in that kind of place, Tavis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, we've got materialistic yet tasteless capitalist pigs here, too. We value our cultural diversity, after all.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I put it to you:

What is wrong with moustaches? Eh?

For Every Problem, a Solution (5)

The final installment of the 'Solution', unless I decide to draw out the following ideas: -Glen Danzig in 'Heavy Metal Human Sacrifice' -Two Face in 'Homophobia' - Steve Martin, as Navin Jackson, in 'Jerks!'

Sisyphus, as Per Camus:

Word.