Skip to main content

Is it just me, or are Parliamentary systems way cooler than what the US has?

See this? If that sort of thing could happen in the states, Bush would have been gone at least two years ago. And, yes, I know, David Brooks, that would mean we probably wouldn't have had the surge in Iraq, and that country would very likely be worse off today. Meanwhile, the rest of the world (and the United States in particular) would have benefited from two fewer years of benighted leadership in almost every area the President touches.

Exactly what advantages can the American system boast? Nominal independence of the chief executive from the legistlative branch, I suppose, though I'm not sure how much of a boon (or how real) that is considering America's last 3 years.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I put it to you:

What is wrong with moustaches? Eh?

For Every Problem, a Solution (2)

Each panel originally had a caption, a feature which was scrapped in a silly attempt to bring cohesiveness to the page as a whole.  They were as follows: panel 1 - Pig fingers!  Carrot hands!  Cannot draw! panel 2 - Focus off. panel 3 - Perspective is a matter of perspective. panel 4 - What, me worry? In thinking about it, I suppose I might have impanelled these in the orange bar at the right, but it probably would've been a bit much. ... I'm not sure how wide-spread the campaign is, but in  Seattle, there are numerous billboards and bus signs which read, "Jesus is ____."  I want to play mad libs with these things, or else write in, "a day labourer."  Other acceptable answers include, "bearded," and, "featured in a Leonard Cohen song."

Sisyphus, as Per Camus:

Word.