Skip to main content

"You're all alone, you know."

Citizens, hear me out. This could happen to you:

Trying to come up with a title for this post, I was looking up the lyrics for the Kingston Trio's rendition of 'Zombie Jamboree' (from which this post's title was culled). The first link Google came up with said it had what I needed, so I clicked on it, and started reading. Sure enough, the page itself said it offered the lyrics for the relevant song, as follows.

"Cause he gets up in the morning, / And he goes to work at nine, / And he comes back home at five-thirty, / Gets the same train every time. / 'Cause his world is built 'round punctuality, / It never fails."

As I read, I had the growing fear that someone had confused
a Kinks song about a young bourgeois Brit for an American ditty about a zombie dance-party. By the end of the stanza, I was convinced. I understand the Davies brothers can seem be creepy, but really.

Ah, the Internet age, an era with misinformation ever at your fingertips. To make another Kingston Trio reference (itself a quote), these are the times that try men's souls.

Anyway, I clicked the next link Google listed, and found what I was looking for. Plus, I was able to relate this totally true story to you, so I guess it's not all bad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I put it to you:

What is wrong with moustaches? Eh?

For Every Problem, a Solution (2)

Each panel originally had a caption, a feature which was scrapped in a silly attempt to bring cohesiveness to the page as a whole.  They were as follows: panel 1 - Pig fingers!  Carrot hands!  Cannot draw! panel 2 - Focus off. panel 3 - Perspective is a matter of perspective. panel 4 - What, me worry? In thinking about it, I suppose I might have impanelled these in the orange bar at the right, but it probably would've been a bit much. ... I'm not sure how wide-spread the campaign is, but in  Seattle, there are numerous billboards and bus signs which read, "Jesus is ____."  I want to play mad libs with these things, or else write in, "a day labourer."  Other acceptable answers include, "bearded," and, "featured in a Leonard Cohen song."

Sisyphus, as Per Camus:

Word.